Answered By: Hayley Bommarito Last Updated: Nov 14, 2019 Views: 2
1. Use OneSearch to find the book you would like.
To find print books, make sure that "Library Catalog" and "Books/Ebooks" are the filters you select.
2. For example, I'd like to add the book from the first result to my Canvas course.
Clicking on that book will show the book in the catalog as shown below.
You may copy and paste this URL to use in Canvas.
3. After selecting the module you would like to add books to, look for the + sign as shown below.
4. Clicking on the + button will open a pop-up window, shown below.
Click on the Add option to bring up a drop-down menu, then select External URL.
5. Paste the URL into the box as shown below.
You may also want to add the title of the book in the Page Name field.
6. Now the book is added to the course, and when clicked on, will show the book in the library catalog.
Below is the book (in the library catalog) in Canvas.
If you experience any problems or have questions, please ask a librarian!
Contact the Library
Library main: (810) 989-5640
Toll free: (800) 553-2427 x5640
Fax: (810) 989-5773
SMS: (810) 515-7343
Are you a night owl? Reference assistance is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Click the link above to begin a chat session.