Answered By: Hayley Bommarito Last Updated: Nov 15, 2019 Views: 4
There are a couple different ways to embed videos from Alexander Street into Canvas. This FAQ will go through both ways.
Option 1: Embedding Videos Using the External Tool
1. In the Modules tab, look for the + symbol button as shown below.
2. Clicking on the + button will bring up a new window that looks like the one below. Click in the "Add" field to bring up the drop down menu and select "External Tool."
3. Now you may scroll through the menu of external tools. Select Alexander Street Video as shown below.
4. After searching for and selecting the video you would like to embed, look for the "Return Link" button as shown below.
5. After clicking on the "Return link" button, a quick message will flash across the screen that says "Embedding video."
Then your window will look like the one below. You can see the URL, so now you may "Add item".
6. After adding item, you should be able to view your video in the modules list, as shown below.
Alexander Street Video will usually give the video its correct title, unlike Films on Demand and Issues & Controversies.
1. Start by adding a new Page to your Canvas module.
2. After adding the page, it will appear in the module you added it to. Click on it to open.
3. Look for the "Edit" option on the next screen.
4. Now you are in the Rich Content Editor. Look for the insert/edit media symbol as shown below.
5. Clicking on the symbol will open this dialog box.
6. Now follow the steps to embedding a video using the Rich Content Editor, which can be found in this FAQ.
If you have any problems or questions, please ask a librarian!
Contact the Library
Library main: (810) 989-5640
Toll free: (800) 553-2427 x5640
Fax: (810) 989-5773
SMS: (810) 515-7343
Are you a night owl? Reference assistance is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Click the link above to begin a chat session.