Answered By: Kendra Lake Last Updated: Dec 18, 2014 Views: 65
Guest users may utilize the College Library resources, either physical or virtual, within the Library space. Guest users do not have borrowing privileges for materials or resources in the College Library. Guest user may not remove Library materials or resources from the Library space.
Guest users must meet the following requirements to be permitted in the SC4 library and use of the facilities:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must not be accompanied by minors
- Must be able to provide acceptable, valid, and up to date picture identification, currently limited to Michigan state drivers license or Michigan state identification card
- Must be willing to leave picture identification with library staff to be securely stored for duration of their time using SC4 library
- Must be willing to read and sign the St. Clair County Community College Library Acceptable Use Policy & Guest User Agreement upon each visit
Guest users are granted the following privileges:
- Guest users may ask for assistance or avail themselves of library staff assistance.
- Guest users may utilize the college library resources, either physical or virtual within the library space.
- Guest users may utilize the college library space for their personal study or research.
While the College & its Library will attempt to extend every possible courtesy, guest users may be inconvenienced on occasion by the College Library’s primary mission to serve the College community. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Guest users may not monopolize or otherwise occupy an undue amount of time or attention from Library staff.
- Guest users may not disrupt, disturb, or otherwise detract from the Library as a place of research & study for the College.
- Guest users may not have full or equal access to all of the same Library materials, services, or resources as members of the College community if it serves the College’s purposes to restrict access.
- Guest users may not have full or equal access to all of the same computer materials, services, or resources as members of the College community if it serves the College’s purposes to restrict access.
- Guest users may be asked to surrender their computer workstation to a student or other member of the SC4 community if no other workstation is available to accommodate them.
- Guest users may be asked to move from their space in the Library at any time to accommodate a need for space for College-specific meetings or activities.
- Guest users may not utilize any of the library study rooms unless they are otherwise unused and permission is asked for & received, and they must surrender them immediately upon a request for such a room by a member of the College community.
- Guest users do not have borrowing privileges for materials of resources in the college library. Guest users may not remove library materials or resources from the library space.
- Guest users may not use the college library as a public meeting place.
- Guest users may not solicit other individuals in the library for commercial, business, or other purposes; nor may they utilize library services or facilities for same purposes. Guest users may not disrupt, harass, or otherwise interfere with other users in the college library.
- Guest users may utilize the college network & Internet connectivity from library workstations only. All activity in utilizing this privilege is expected to be in compliance with all applicable laws & statutes, including U.S. Copyright laws. In addition, all activity is expected to be in compliance with the Acceptable use policy set by the St. Clair County Community College Board of Trustees and the St. Clair County Community College Library Acceptable Use Policy Guest & User Agreement.
- Guest users may make use of computer systems within the library with the express understanding that, while the college makes every attempt to maximize the security of its systems, the college disclaims any liability for guest users or their personal equipment used within its facilities.
Additional terms and conditions are outlined in the St. Clair County Community College Library Acceptable Use Policy & Guest User Agreement.
Submit a Question
Contact the Library
Library main: (810) 989-5640
Toll free: (800) 553-2427 x5640
Fax: (810) 989-5773
SMS: (810) 515-7343
Are you a night owl? Reference assistance is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Click the link above to begin a chat session.
Need to set aside a specific time to meet with a librarians for help?