Answered By: Hayley Bommarito Last Updated: Mar 04, 2020 Views: 5
Answered By: Hayley Bommarito
Last Updated: Mar 04, 2020 Views: 5
- Tutors are subject matter experts trained in how to translate tutoring best practices and learning strategies to support students online, one student at a time.
- Tutors possess at least a bachelor's degree, although many have advanced degrees.
- Tutors use the "Socratic Method" during sessions to prompt dialogue with their student as opposed to delivering answers.
- Questions are carefully chosen by the tutor based on their knowledge of the subject matter and Bloom's taxonomy.
- They are also trained to help reinforce and clarify material already learned in the classroom.
Contact the Library
Library main: (810) 989-5640
Toll free: (800) 553-2427 x5640
Fax: (810) 989-5773
SMS: (810) 515-7343
Are you a night owl? Reference assistance is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Click the link above to begin a chat session.