Answered By: Hayley Bommarito Last Updated: Mar 20, 2020 Views: 1435
For new students, initial passwords for newly created Portal, email and Canvas accounts will be the last six digits of your social security number. When logging in for the first time, you will be redirected to sc4.edu/password-reset to register your account and change your password.
Look for the Password reset tool button, as shown below.
Next you will be asked to enter your User ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) and complete a CAPTCHA.
Follow the prompts to reset your password.
If this method is not working, select the "Register your account" box instead. The Password Reset tool only works with accounts that have been registered.
1. Type in full student email.
2. Type in the last password you used. If you've never logged in, your password will be the last 6 numbers of your Social Security number.
3. If all is entered correctly, you will see a "Don't lose access" page now. Select one of the authentication options and finish.
4. Go back to the password reset page (with the three blue box links), but now select the "Change your password" link.
5. Type in current password and then create a new one. You will get a "successfully changed" message.
Contact the Library
Library main: (810) 989-5640
Toll free: (800) 553-2427 x5640
Fax: (810) 989-5773
SMS: (810) 515-7343
Are you a night owl? Reference assistance is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Click the link above to begin a chat session.